Welcome aboard to my Fall '10 blog for FSU's DIG3725: Game Design course. Feel free to browse what I find along the
way and please leave comments!

Critques, suggestions, and questions are always appricated!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blender Homework 6: And Then There Were Two...





In this blender project I created two characters, the purple octopus looking thing, which with a lot more work could be something my group could use as an enemy character for other escaped lab experiments. I was having trouble getting this video to youtube today so I just uploaded the screentoaster version, if you are having trouble with it please just leave me a comment and I'll repost a youtube version.

The purple characters can attack each other and be moved around, not nessarily in the most realistic way but since they are aliens they could be floating instead of rigging them so they could more more realistically. The keys I used to control the characters were:

Left character:
W => forward
W, hold E => run/ faster forward
A => left
D => right
S => backwards
Spacebar => fire

Right charcter:
up arrow => forward
up arrow, hold right shift => run/faster forward
left arrow => left
right arrow => right
down arrow => backwards
mouse left click => fire

I created another blog for tips and tutorials for the various projects I've been working on in Blender, to help the posts on here from becoming too long. If you would like to see my other blog, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment